Friday, January 8, 2010

2010, what????

Can you believe it is 2010? I can't. I have been feeling really anxious since the new year began thinking of all of the things I want to accomplish in the new year. Last night I could not even sleep, as my mind was running full speed thinking of all the work I was going back to in the morning, projects I would like to look tackle in 2010, my current project of raising $1,700 for GOTR, future volunteer opportunities, blah blah blah. There is really no point to all of this other than it makes me feel much better to these thoughts out of my mind and into cyberspace. However, to make it more concrete, here are some projects, goals, etc... I had racing around in my head. 
  • Take a sewing class (going to do in either feb. or january)
  • Get the new fundraising/training marathon program at Shanti off the ground (began doing that this week)
  • Figure out why I am having aches and pains in my calves and back while running these days (started this project today by making a visit to the sports doctor)
  • Reading more
  • Trying to get back my half-full attitude on life
  • Be more adventurous
  • Go to the climbing gym
  • Learn to manage my high anxiety levels (and creating this list is not helping in the least) 
  • Learn to play and instrument??
  • Listen more and talk less 
Now for those of you reading this, you can help hold me acountable for my 2010 "resolutions".

With all of that said, I have exactly one month to raise another  $310 to complete my Girls on the Run fundraising goal (and 2009/2010 GOTR fundraising challenge).
That breaks down to raising $77.50 per week!


                                   

Here are some ideas of how the money I am raising for GOTR is spent?
$25 Covers the Lollipop 5k Run race entry fee for one girl
$50 Buys healthy snacks for one season for all 16 girls on a team
$100 Provides curriculum, game pieces, and supplies at one site .
$300 Pays for one girl to participate in Girls on the Run for one season
$500 Enables every girl in a program and her family to participate in the Lollipop 5k Run
$1,000 Trains 50 volunteer coaches
$5,000 Sponsors a Girls on the Run program for 16 girls for an entire season
                          

 "Girls on the Run makes me feel happy, excited, silly and fast!"
Samantha, 8


"I like Girls on the Run because it is making me feel good about myself"
Albright, 9

1 comment:

  1. Mindy! Those are awesome goals for the new year. I hope you realize that you are a hardworking and amazing woman. Your energy and dedication to the causes and people you love is exceptional and truly inspiring. I hope you take a lot of pride in all that you already do.

    Much love,
    Licky

    ReplyDelete